Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Honest Sex Talk

Photo courtesy of  Aurore Érotique
A recent conversation with a friend of mine about sex in long term relationships, and specifically marriage, has me thinking about my own current sex life. By conversation I mean Liza's last post on Tongue Tied. Creatively titled 'How to be Good in Bed' (*wink*) this post suggests that we all have the tools to be good in bed, and the hindrance we face is usually something within ourselves. Yep, that old 'you are your own worst enemy' chestnut.

I believe myself to be a prime example of this. No matter how much I want sex, there is something that is stopping me from taking the plunge. I have an issue with each of the ten suggestions on Liza's list, a personal issue that stops me from filling the brief. So I've set myself a challenge. 

After lapping up each of her 'thoughts on how to up your game' I've set myself a task - to put said suggestions into practice in a quest to get laid. I don't just mean your bog-standard-run-of-the-mill-same-old-same-old-comfortable-coupledom sex. No, I mean throw-me-down-bend-me-over-and-fuck-me-in-front-of-the-mirror kinda sex.

New sex. 

Exciting sex.

Blah, who am I kidding...any sex!

Whether or not this is possible after being with someone for ten years I am yet to learn, though according to the likes of Liza B it's certainly possible. Whenever I think that perhaps I am the one in the wrong, that I am not enough of a wife, of a woman, I read a post like this and realise that I am not the only person in the world to have suffered a lull in their libido. And there's the crux, my desire for sex has diminished and therefore of course I'm going to be having less of it. But despite this plateau I do still want sex. I do still crave it.

Liza's list of encouragement is superb, but I'd still like to hear of any further suggestions to up the ante and get all parties comfortable and excited in the bedroom again. Have any tricks of the trade? Throw them my way, people!

My name is Livia Bryant and I want sex. 

My name is Livia Bryant and I am going to fuck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not accept anonymous comments due to issues with spam. If you post a commercial link in your comment we will remove it.