Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tongue Tied's Time Has Come!

Who are we, and what is Tongue Tied? We're so glad you asked, and so glad you're here so we can tell you!

Livia's Take

Tongue Tied was born out of a flippant remark during a long distance telephone call one day, when during a particular low point in my world I was mulling over future options. "I hate writing. I hate erotica. I hate sex. But it's all I know and it's what I love!" I whined like the petulant child that I am and after a few chuckles Liza proposed the very thing I wanted to avoid - to start a new website.

I'm not new to this world, not by a long shot. I've been flirting within the realms of erotica for quite some time, and I have an extremely volatile love/hate relationship with it. I've danced on its fringes and fucked at its core. I've flirted with the danger and shared sweet kisses of sin with the keen and the kinky.

This isn't a place for me to divulge my bedtime antics though (although for Liza's check out her personal blog), but rather a place for us to explore ourselves as women, as people in modern and slightly different cultures, as friends, as lovers to our respective partners, as advocates of good sex with an abundance of self respect.

Our exact remit is undefined so why don't we all just explore together?

Liza's Take

There’s almost no one I’d rather tie tongues with than Livia, and one of my favorite things in life to do is to smack her around verbally when she whines like a petulant child. Hence, I dragged her kicking, screaming, and whining onto these pages with me.

For the last year I’ve been writing a blog about my sex life with my husband, and how we redefined it after ten nearly sexless years (yes, some years were completely, utterly sexless). While that’s been a place where I can explore any number of topics related to sex, sexuality, erotica, and more, its context and content is still strongly oriented around the sex lives of a long-term married couple.

Why Tongue Tied, and why now? Liv and I talk about everything you can think of when you think about sex, and we know that we’re unique in that way. Sex is a subject that trips people up, and sometimes it’s hard to talk about it even with your most intimate partner or friend. Tongue Tied’s only mission is to bring you smart, stylish sex, in any and all its forms, from the perspective of two women who have the courage to talk about it all between themselves and with you. Down the road you may find reviews, musings, conversations, photography, and more. So join us, won’t you?

3 comments:

  1. Love this post, im in, how do I join? Mistress_Velvet xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new endeavor! Your new blog looks and sounds amazing, and I can't wait to read (and see) more. I absolutely want to be in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here, it's up to you to keep me coming back for more... :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not accept anonymous comments due to issues with spam. If you post a commercial link in your comment we will remove it.