![]() |
| Photo by Aurore Érotique |
So, Liza B claims to have a porn star pussy. Whilst we'll have to leave it to her D. to vouch for that, I am flying high at the other end of the spectrum. My pussy is most definitely not that of a porn star. Much like the rest of me, my lady-bits are a little lopsided. My outer lips are plump and full, but my inner labia are less than desirable. Like most women, I have one breast slightly larger than the other, and in the same respect I have one very small inner lip and one, well, think Dumbo taking flight with his over-sized ears and you get the picture.
Years ago when writing a paper on the media and its effects on body dysmorphia (BDD), I watched a documentary on societal norms and its notion of beauty. To be considered 'beautiful' your features must be symmetrical. Or so the narrator told me, thus validating the anxieties over physical appearance that I had already started to harness. Fast forward a few years and I'm now that same woman, but with a very healthy appetite for porn. And my goodness do I enjoy looking at a pussy or two.
Whilst I had never even factored my pussy into the equation when having the daily love/hate argument with myself about the reflection in the mirror, the anxiety about my cunt slowly began to seep into my subconscious. I gazed at the women on the screen before me, knowing that I looked different to them. No symmetry here. And usually a lot of stray hairs. Once that seed of doubt has been planted, it takes a lot of self-psycho-babble to recondition the negative train of thought that follows.
I don't necessarily think porn is to blame here. We are makers of our own destiny and as such have the ability to let the perfect pussies of porn have no detrimental effect on our self-perception whatsoever. The mind is a powerful tool and has the ability to let something have a positive or negative effect on the self. I know that there's nothing wrong with me. My pussy works as all pussies should, with all components doing each of their splendid little jobs to enable a fully functional body part. My partner loves my pussy too. In all our years together he has never shown anything but love and adoration towards it. But I dislike it. And worse, I feel ashamed of it. And that does have a detrimental affect on things.
Where once sat a happy pussy, blissfully unaware of how much emphasis is placed on snatch-related beauty, now exists a shy and nervous cunt, afraid that she is the ugly duckling and if there's a lull in the sexy times it must be from pussy-induced repulsion. I say this knowing that it is all in my mind. A self-perpetuating fear of rejection due to incorrect self-perception. And all this born from an unrealistic ideal place upon us by, well...ourselves. We, ladies, are our own worst enemies. It's time to do what Liza says and call bullshit. It's time to love and not loathe, be proud of your pussy whatever the shape and size and indulge in a bit of pussy pampering. Go on, you'll thank yourself for it!

No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog does not accept anonymous comments due to issues with spam. If you post a commercial link in your comment we will remove it.